Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Week 7: Day 3

strength training:
  • upper body (@ 7:45am)
    • chair dips = 2 sets x 15 reps
    • bicep curls on bosu ball = 2 sets x 15 reps x 15lbs
    • elevated regular push ups w/feet on bosu ball = 1 set x 10 reps
    • wrist curls = 2 sets x 15 reps x 15lbs
    • elevated wide push ups w/feet on bosu ball = 1 set x 10 reps
    • alternating lateral raises = 2 sets x 15 reps x 45lbs
    • alternating reverse curls = 2 sets x 15 reps x 54lbs
    • seated rows = 1 set x 15 reps x 117lbs
    • seated rows = 1 set x 15 reps x 130lbs
    • alternating rear deltoids = 2 sets x 15 reps x 55lbs
    • chest flies = 2 sets x 15 reps x 15 reps x 55lbs
    • lat pulldowns = 2 sets x 15 reps x 86lbs
cardio:
  • karate = 2 hours
    • first (beginners) class = 7pm to 8pm
    • second (intermediate) class = 8pm to 9pm
Someday, I'll learn to go to sleep "early" (10 to 10:30pm) like a normal person. I like doing morning work outs because I can get it out of the way without making up excuses and I feel most motivated in the morning, but it's hard to wake up early for a morning work out when I go to bed late and it's even harder when it's overcast outside. I also like to feel rested when I work out.

In the second class of karate training, we did a lot of "football drills" and P90x stuff. It wasn't just a portion of the class, it was during the entire hour of the class. To a lot of people who don't train in martial arts, may think it's weird that we're doing something that doesn't look like martial art, but whatever we did, would certainly help. I don't know if I should call that cardio...circuit training maybe? I don't know, but my shoulders will be sore tomorrow. Maybe something else too.

No comments:

Post a Comment