- trail run (@ 6:50am) = 2.1 miles, time = 22.17, pace @ 10:37
monthly total mileage = 29.89
shoe total mileage = 306.44
My sister recently got a dog. Her name is Moshi and she is a 1 1/2 year old dachsund. So now we have two dogs and the other one being a terrier mix named Kiko (three year old girl). Kiko is a low energy dog and while she still needs to get walked daily, she doesn't require a lot of exercise...she also hates to run and walking suits her well. Moshi, on the other hand, is a high energy level dog and she's driving me up the walls with the amount of energy she has. She has so much energy that she's pulling on my arm (that's holding the leash) and my arm feels like it's going to come out of the socket in my shoulder. Moshi also has a destructive behavior and will chew up anything in the house that seems interesting to her (Kiko doesn't have this problem and doesn't chew up anything except her toys).
I decided that I would take Moshi out for a run with me this morning. Running is faster than walking, so it seems appropriate that it will drain most of Moshi's energy, control her destructive behavior and play nicely with Kiko. Running with Moshi was harder and more tiring than running alone or with other people. Moshi either wanted to run faster (too fast for me and for her own good) or she wanted to slow down to a walk or stop completely. I didn't let her slow down, but to make her run faster or slower to keep up with me was tiring and harder than I thought and it made me tired. I ran like it was my first time running in a long time. I haven't decided if I want to run with Moshi again, even though I still need to work with her and run with her more often until she gets used to running.
By the way, Moshi did do her "personal" business right before running, so it wasn't like I was depriving her from having the privilege of relieving herself. She wanted to slow down because she was tired and it was her first time doing "long distance" running and running for exercise. She's usually running to chase after her toys or to play with Kiko.



No comments:
Post a Comment