- easy RUN ("warm up") with one dog = 2.17 miles; time = 27:42; average pace @ 12:46
- bike ride (training) = 10.14 miles; time = 1:02:19; average pace @ 9.8 mph
- easy WALK with three dogs = 2.6 miles
I did a short easy run this morning, sorta like a warm up for my bike ride. I didn't want to skip a run entirely because I wanted to run and put in 17 miles this week. It just seemed easier to do a two mile run because even the small runs add up and I don't have to put in extra miles for my other runs.
The hilly trail run that I like to do when I'm training for a half marathon? I did a ride up half of the trail. Max elevation gain of 1,236 feet with a total elevation gain of 2,025 feet. I'm not sure what the grade (%) was on that climb, but it was tough. I had to take a rest break.
So out of curiosity, I went and checked the elevation profile on 30 mile ride from the Finish The Ride event that I'm doing. If I understand it correctly, the max elevation gain is 1,300 feet and total elevation gain is 2,585 feet. I thought the max elevation gain was 2,585 feet and I'm glad that I misunderstood it earlier. 1,300 feet max elevation gain is so much more doable for me. There are two hills on the ride (more like two and a half hills). If I understood this correctly, the total elevation gain is all the climbs/up hill combined?
If you are feeling generous, please consider making a donation on my charity page. Any amount, big or small, are greatly appreciated!
The hilly trail run that I like to do when I'm training for a half marathon? I did a ride up half of the trail. Max elevation gain of 1,236 feet with a total elevation gain of 2,025 feet. I'm not sure what the grade (%) was on that climb, but it was tough. I had to take a rest break.
So out of curiosity, I went and checked the elevation profile on 30 mile ride from the Finish The Ride event that I'm doing. If I understand it correctly, the max elevation gain is 1,300 feet and total elevation gain is 2,585 feet. I thought the max elevation gain was 2,585 feet and I'm glad that I misunderstood it earlier. 1,300 feet max elevation gain is so much more doable for me. There are two hills on the ride (more like two and a half hills). If I understood this correctly, the total elevation gain is all the climbs/up hill combined?
If you are feeling generous, please consider making a donation on my charity page. Any amount, big or small, are greatly appreciated!
No comments:
Post a Comment