- bike commute to work/home = 37.99 miles round trip; time = 3:11:12, average pace @ 11.9 mph
- easy walk with dogs = 2.6 miles
I think I am really not meant to ride or commute to work/home by bike. I am cursed with flat tires if I do try. I got my bike in the summer of 2013. I never had a flat between summer of 2013 and December 2015. January 2016 was when I decided that I wanted to ride to work after the time change (in March for spring forward). I had eight flats in 2016 and half of those were commuting to work/home with the last flat at the end of November (I went three months without a flat). After 300+ miles and many rides to work for 2017, I got my first flat (today) of the year. I guess if I don't want any more flats, I have to stop riding and commuting to work/home, but if I stop doing that, my bike will sit in the garage, collecting dirt and cobwebs because I struggle to find motivation to ride "around the block"...for fun...for the sake of it. My cycling group always have regularly scheduled rides, but their ride schedule doesn't work with my schedule. I'm always at work when they are riding. Anyway, I thought 2017 would be better. New Year. Fresh, new start. Reset. Oh well, so much for that. I'm not going to let flat tires stop me from doing my 30 mile ride for "Finish The Ride". Although my planned ride on Wednesday may get postponed to Sunday. I have to get a new tire, and a new tube (as a spare) before I can ride again. I had a spare tube which is in the tire now, but the outer tire has a huge hole and I don't feel safe with a huge hole, exposing my tube.
No comments:
Post a Comment