Friday, March 24, 2017

Week 12: Day 5 - March 22, 2017

  • easy RUN with one dog = 5 miles; time = 1:00:11; average pace @ 12:02
  • easy WALK with three dogs = 2.6 miles
  • training ride (bike) = 15.39 miles; time = 1:29:23; average pace @ 10.3 mph
I decided to change things up a little bit for my bike ride. Part of my ride is on a loop which involved a 9% grade on one side...this side would normally be the side that I went up first. Just for this loop only was about 3.3 miles. The other end of the loop also had a long, steep down hill....so steep that I had to watch my speed and be very careful. I decided to do this loop in reverse because I knew that the incline was harder and I wanted to train on a harder hill to prepare myself for the 30 mile ride at the "Finish The Ride" event. I used strava app to record my ride. The harder side of the loop had an 11% grade and the hill was .90 mile (less than one mile) long! I had to stop and rest many times during this hill. It was pretty hard that it seemed longer. I guess if I want to be stronger and maybe a bit faster, I should train/ride on a hill with an 11% grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment