Saturday, March 18, 2017

Week 11: Day 6 - March 18, 2017

  • training ride (bike) = 16.5 miles; time = 1:29:15; average pace @ 11 mph
  • easy walk with dogs = 2.1 miles
I did not ride/commute to work by bike today. When I woke up and looked out the window this morning, it looked very cloudy and cold. It made me lazy and more tired, so I went back to sleep for an extra hour before finally getting ready for work (going by car). I thought that it would stay cloudy all day/afternoon, but the clouds burned off and the sun came out by mid-morning. I was a little sad by this because I wanted to go for a run after work (most likely a little closer to evening like 6pm). So instead of going to work by bike or going for a run, I went for a bike ride "around the block" for "training".

Tomorrow morning, I am going to make an effort to do an easy three mile run before heading out to meet a bicycle group. We are meeting at 8am and doing a 21 mile ride. The run is more like a warm up for the ride and I've already put in 14 miles (running) for the week, so I don't have to do more. I just feel like I should still do a run to make it 17 miles and it's easier for me to do a run in the morning...than in the afternoon or evening. (It's a little harder for me to run later in the day when it's warm.) I probably wouldn't have met up with a bike group tomorrow if I had gone to work on a bike today.

No comments:

Post a Comment