Monday, July 25, 2016

Week 30: Day 1 - July 25, 2016

  • easy walk with dogs = 2.5 miles
  • group bike ride = 23.21 miles; time = 1:48:35; pace @ 12.8 mph
I went on a group bike ride with a meetup group this morning, but I didn't bother trying to go to work on a bike. It was really hot when I got home and walked my dogs. I think maybe I was really a wuss and overexaggerated the heat. I would have been ok if I drove to the mall to park my car and went to work on a bike from there. It was hot at work, but not as bad as it was at home. I'll ride to work tomorrow, but I am still going to park my car at the mall and I am still going to run in the morning.

During the ride this morning, I carried a 1/2 gallon water jug. It was 85°F at the start of the ride and 95°F at the end, so I wanted to make sure I had enough water to drink during the ride. There were five of us riding together. Some of the riders were faster/stronger than I was, but one of them said that I carried too much water and the extra weight was the reason why I was slower. I did a ride with this group a few months ago. It was 10 to 15°F cooler and I had a 1 liter hydration pack. It was cooler and I carried less water/weight, yet I was slower on that ride compared to this morning's ride. Carrying more water didn't matter. I was just naturally slower. I don't like people telling me what I can or can't do because they think they know me better than me. I am like a camel who can drink lots of water and soak it up like a sponge.

No comments:

Post a Comment