- easy walk with dogs = 2.5 miles
- bike commute to work = 33.17 mile round trip, 2:48:29; pace @ 11.8 mph
Last night when I decided to go to work on a bike today, I thought I would be fine and I felt fine. As soon as I got on my bike and headed to work, I was struggling. Two days, back to back of riding to work the whole way 38 miles round trip really was too much for me. It was like I didn't have any motivation to ride or like my motivation crashed or something. I struggled mentally to ride home. To the point that I rode to the mall and took a bus from there part of the way. This was the first time that I took the bus part of the way home, so I was a little unfamiliar with the stops. I had an idea where I wanted to be dropped off at and then go home the rest of the way on bike. When I finally got off the bus, I realized that I got off at the wrong stop and could have gotten dropped off at a stop that was a little closer to home which was also a little easier too. Oh well. Now I know for the next time that I take the bus home part of the way if I can't handle the whole bike ride or don't want to spend too much time riding in the dark.
No comments:
Post a Comment