Sunday, July 17, 2016

Week 28: Day 7 - July 17, 2016

  • trail RUN (solo) = 6.15 miles; time = 1:16:48; pace @ 12:29
  • easy WALK with three dogs = 2.5 miles
  • bike ride (local) = 12.72 miles; time = 1:07:12; pace @ 11.4 mph
Running: 
Total Weekly Mileage: 15.94
Total Monthly Mileage: 40.26
Total Yearly Mileage: 486.26
Total Shoe Mileage: 252.89

Cycling: 
Total Weekly Mileage: 60.62
Total Monthly Mileage: 139.21
Total Yearly Mileage: 945.81

I decided to do a bike ride (locally) after my run this morning because I didn't get any hill challenges during any of my bike rides this week. I chose a route that was my go-to run when I trained for past half marathons, except my runs would end halfway before turning around. It involved a big hill that I liked running on when training for half marathons, but I liked running to the top and then turning around so I would only have to run the hill once. During my bike ride, I had to ride the same hill twice...the second time would be on the way back because a 6.6 mile bike ride seemed to short and I wanted a challenge on a bike. The hill is/was part was short, but tough for running to begin with. It was harder on a bike. I wish to do this route again to get in my bike work out, but I'm not sure when I will try again. It was hard, but it was also fun. But I will have to make sure that I change my gears accordingly when I ride up the hill easier in the future. I didn't pay attention to my gears and riding up the hill was so hard that I wanted to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment