Friday, July 22, 2016

Week 29: Day 5 - July 22, 2016

  • challenging trail RUN (solo) = 3.55 miles
  • easy WALK with dogs = 2.5 miles
I had planned to do a run yesterday, but I felt tired and sleepy, so I went back to sleep, even though I couldn't sleep past 9:30am. I guess I needed to catch up on sleep and it's hard to when I'm either at work or doing some sort of exercise. I had also planned to do a bike ride (locally) after my run this morning, but I waited too long. I lost motivation and it got too warm. 

Today was so hot! It was 100 degrees by 12pm noon and 105 degrees by 2pm...and these temperatures were in the dense shade! It's going to be a long summer and I can't wait for it to be over! I've been done with summer since last summer! We now have a major brush fire locally that has been going on since early this afternoon with zero percent containment. Even though the fire is burning in a city one hour away from me, the sky looks pretty and sad at the same time with lots of smoke. (Fortunately for me, the air quality over where I live isn't bad and it isn't "raining" ashes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment