- trail/road run (@ 12:00pm) = 5.72 miles, time = 1:01:35, pace @ 10:46
It rained some more last night until late this morning. I wasn't going to run at all today, but I finally decided to do it when it was very light drizzle at 12pm noon. This was the first time in a long time that I started my run after 8am. I'd tolerate very light drizzle and I hoped that it didn't get worse than that during my run, but I'm glad that it stayed the same. I really didn't enjoy my run and was really unmotivated at the beginning. It was a combination of a lot of things: it was later in the day (I like running in the morning), it was warmer than I'd like and I knew that some of the trails I wanted to run on would be wet/muddy (enough to scare me, but too bad). The main reason why I got out at all for a run was because the rain had stopped and I needed to get my run in. I wouldn't allow myself to skip a run. I started to feel better after two miles, slowly but surely. I'm glad that this lack of motivation was just temporary and only for today. I feel accomplished now like I've got some fresh air. There is supposedly some rain on Sunday. It may very well rain in the morning, but I can only hope that it won't so I can run early in the morning rather than later.
No comments:
Post a Comment