Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Week 3: Day 2 - 2013

cardio:
  • trail/road run (@ 7am) = 4.3 miles, time = 46:22, pace @ 10:47
I had planned on doing a short run on a challenging hilly trail this morning, but the route that I usually used (as a warm up) to get to my hill run was blocked by a major accident (someone crashed into a fire hydrant which created a very messy road/sidewalk). Of course, there was another way to get around the accident to do my hill run, but I didn't want to make my warm up longer than I wanted it to be. I wasn't disappointed by changing my run/course because I could do my hill run tommorrow instead. This is what makes a good runner...by adapting and being flexible when confronted by an uncontrolled situation that oneself or someone else created. I would have been disapointed with myself had I realized that I could do a different run AFTER I went home and lost all motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment