Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Week 31: Day 3 - 29 July 2020

  • morning run = 4.88 miles time = 1:08:51; average pace @ 14:07
    • warm-up ride on rollers = 2 miles; time = 8:13; average speed @ 14.6 mph
  • walked dogs = 2.7 miles total
  • commute (bike) to work = 3.04 miles;  time = 13:45; average speed @ 13.3 mph
  • commute (bike) to home = 2.94 miles; time = 13:13; average speed @ 13.4mph
I took my car to my mechanic yesterday for an oil change and a check engine light. When he called me later in the day (I was at work), he said that to fix whatever problem my car was having, would be $3k to $4. He didn't know the value of my car (it is a 15 years old...I had it for 14 years), but he thinks that the cost of repairs is more than the value of my car. (I went to work on my bike after dropping my car off because my mechanic wasn't that far from work...work was 5.6 miles from my mechanic...I live four miles from my mechanic and three miles from work...) He did the oil change, but took the car back with the problems (he said that I shouldn't drive it anymore as he considered it unsafe). When I showed up to work on my bike yesterday, my co-workers were freaking out. I thought their reaction was funny because they knew that I had a bike...they've seen me show up on my bike before (twice) and they've seen me show up with my bike in tow with my car (for an evening ride after work).

So I guess I will be riding my bike to work until I figure out my car situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment