Monday, April 24, 2017

Week 17: Day 1 - April 24, 2017

  • commute (bike) to work/back to car = 15.78 miles round trip; time = 1:22:28; average speed @ 11.5 mph
    • commute to work = 7.89 miles; time = 40:15; average speed @ 11.8 mph
    • commute back to car at mall = 7.89 miles; time = 42:13; average speed @ 11.2 mph
  • easy walk with dogs = 2.6 miles
  • group hike = 6.2 miles
I went to work by bike today and did the shorter commute by starting/ending at the mall because I was on a time limit after work. I am glad that I decided to do this though. On the way to work, I thought that my legs felt sore from the ride and run yesterday and I was tired. It didn't help that it was cloudy and cold this morning. It turned out that my legs sorta didn't want to ride and my legs were just complaining a little bit at me. I was generally slower going to work. I felt better when I got to work, but I did not feel better going back to my car at the mall. My legs were really complaining at me and I was grumpy at any hills that I had to climb, no matter the size of the hill. Maybe it was that I did too many days (three) in a row on a bike. I don't know? I have to check back on the last time that my legs felt like this and I was glad that I did a shorter commute to work. Maybe it is a good thing that I am not doing more rides in the time limit that I have this week. When my legs felt like this last time, I felt fine running the next day. I guess I will find out tomorrow morning if my legs will let me run or not.

Anyway, I did a hike with a cycling group this evening. Also, if you have been following my blog since last week, you would that I lost my keys on a hike last Monday. Someone found them for me and dropped them off at a school near the hike starting/ending point. I went there to pick up my keys today and I wanted to make sure that I got there before the school office closed (I didn't know what time they closed the office for the day) which was why I did a shorter commute to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment