- easy RUN with one dog = 5.3 miles; time = 1:03:11; average pace @ 11:55
- easy WALK with three dogs = 2.6 miles
I did a run this morning and went through a school zone during prime "rush hour" to finish my run. I knew that I should not have done that...one kid was walking to school and was looking up (most kids are looking at their phones when they walk to school), but he didn't see me because he was staring into space. He almost walked into me, but to avoid crashing, I got too close to a chain link fence and my shoe got caught in that, causing me to trip in front of everyone. I was mad. I knew that I should have changed my route to avoid prime school traffic, but I didn't listen to myself. I thought I would have been okay. For a long time, I had been good about avoiding the school zone during prime time....to avoid kids looking at their phones and to avoid getting hit by a parent in a hurry to go to work, ignoring foot traffic (there have been a few kids who did get hit by someone's parent because the parent was only paying attention to car traffic and ignoring the many kids walking to school).
No comments:
Post a Comment