Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Week 22: Day 2

cardio:
  • bike ride to gym/home = 1.5 miles
strength training:
  • upper body strength (@ 8am)
    • chair dips = 2 sets x 15 reps
    • elevated "regular" push ups = 1set x 10 reps
    • bicep curls on bosu ball (platform side up) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 15lbs (two 15lb dumbells)
    • alternating front and side arm raises = 2 sets x 15 reps x 10lbs (two 10lb dumbells)
    • wrist curls = 2 sets x 15 reps x 17.5lbs (one dumbell)
    • elevated "wide" push ups = 1 set x 10 reps
    • elevated "triangle" push ups = 1 set x 10 reps
    • tricep kickbacks = 2 sets x 15 reps x 10lbs (two 10lb dumbells)
    • shoulder presses = 2 sets x 15 reps x 10lbs (two 10lb dumbells)
    • bent over rows = 2 sets x 15 reps x 10lbs (two 10lb dumbells)
    • seated rows (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 143lbs
    • chest presses (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 70lbs
  • pilates (@ 9:30am) = 1 hour
I decided to make "riding a bike" my new year's resolution. To be more specific, I decided to ride once a week, specifically on Tuesdays. I have been going to the gym for a year and a half and while I only live 1.5 miles from it, I have never rode the bike to the gym until today. While three miles round trip was piece of cake, there were a few small hills on the way that felt so tough to me. These hills seemed so easy to run/walk on, but for someone like me who never rode a bike for exercise or even as a means of transportation, any little hill was very noticeable and my quads definitely got a work out from riding a bike. Eventually, I will ride the bike to the gym three times a week, but that will be for February when the sunrise is earlier than 7am. In the meantime, once a week is enough and I need to get in "cycling" shape before I can ride a few more times a week.

My legs were slightly sore this morning from the lower body strength work out yesterday, but feel ok now because of the bike ride. I kinda stopped doing strength training altogether for two weeks. My upper body will be sore tomorrow too because I haven't done much for that part of the body either.

No comments:

Post a Comment