- morning run = 4.64 miles; time = 1:11:35; average pace @ 15:25
- walked dogs = 2.6 miles total
Last summer (June/July/August), I had a job where I was at work until midnight - sometimes later depending on how busy we were - twice a week. The other three days that I was there were during the daytime. On days that I had to work late, I still went running at 5am the next morning. I didn't take a nap before work for working a late shift because my mind wouldn't let me. I went to bed like a normal person for the rest of the week. I don't know how I was never tired all summer. Lately, I had been going for a run at 5:20 - 5:25 (this morning was at 5:17). I've been gradually waking up earlier so it didn't feel like a shock to me when I'll be running at 4:30 or 5am for this summer. 6am in the summer is too late and humid. Running makes me hot and I can easily tolerate cold (preferably 40 degrees) weather. I have a new job and it's during "normal" wake hours like 9-5, so I get to go to bed at a normal hour, but I feel like I'm always tired! I tried to catch up on sleep during the weekend once (last month) and I ended up with one hour of sleep on Sunday night. So I'm a little bit afraid that if I try to catch up on sleep during the weekend, I'll end up with one or three hours of sleep on Sunday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment