Saturday, April 13, 2019

Week 15: Day 6 - 13 April 2019

  • morning run = 4.8 miles; time = 1:08:14; average pace @ 14:12
  • walked dogs = 2.6 miles total
I took my bike back to the bike shop to get it looked at (I also had a tune up done on my bike, so something happened during the tune-up). Something to do with the rear crank/derailer and the chain when I'm using a certain gear going up a hill (a very small one) like I'm changing gears, but I'm not....which was mainly why I kept falling yesterday. Out of frustration, I forgot that I didn't have regular pedals anymore and I couldn't just simply get off...another time was from starting with the wrong foot. Like when you're 100% unclipped, you need one foot (whichever is your stronger side and feels the most comfortable) clipped in to start a ride so your other foot can clip in. I did a practice ride this morning and it went better. I think the bike shop people didn't believe me. They did some adjustments, but it didn't fix the problem. They put my bike on a "bike stand" to look at my bike, and it didn't act unusual...of course, it's not going to act unusual when it's off the ground because no one is actually on the bike and riding up a hill. So, I don't know. A little disappointed and frustrated. My bike didn't act weird before. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I feel like abandoning my bike, but I spent so much money on the tune up, a new chain and getting cleats/clips that I can't abandon it...and it does help with my running (I had the shoes for awhile...they just needed the cleats to go on the bottom).

No comments:

Post a Comment