Saturday, October 21, 2017

Week 42: Day 6 - October 21, 2017

  • easy walk with dogs = 2.6 miles total
  • cycling = 17.74 miles; time = 42:54; average speed @ 10.3 mph
This morning felt so nice and cool! But why are some drivers so impatient with cyclists??? Here is a friendly reminder to everyone in a car....honking at a cyclist to get out of your way isn't going to make things better. You can afford to wait a few seconds for a cyclist to get out of your way before making your turn. It's not going to make you late to your destination. If you are already running late, it is YOUR OWN fault, not the cyclist. I'd like to think that some cyclists are jerks on the road because drivers are being jerks to them. I got honked at by some stupid driver. The irony was that I wasn't even in her lane and she had space to pass. I feel like carrying eggs with me and then throwing an egg at every bad driver who honks at me or isn't paying attention. Depending on where I throw it, it won't come off the window and it will ruin the paint. Would that still be considered vandalism? It's not like I kicked the door or broke a window....

It'll be hot tomorrow and Monday. I am going to run tomorrow morning, but I don't think I am going to enjoy running in a humid, warm morning. I think Summer missed the memo that Summer had been over for a few weeks. Why is it 100 degrees in the middle of October??!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment