Friday, October 13, 2017

Week 41: Day 5 - October 13, 2017

  • hilly trail run (solo) part 1 = 3.95 miles; time = 50:20; average pace @ 12:45
  • hilly trail run (solo) part 2 = 1.1 miles; time = 15:00; average pace @ 13:38
  • easy walk with dogs = 2.6 miles total
I forgot to mention that my last bike ride included a route that I hadn't done since April. It had a hill (0.9 mile, slightly less than one mile) with an 11% grade. The first 0.4 mile (slightly under 1/2 mile) was harder than the rest of the hill and I took a rest break when I got to .04 mile before heading up the rest of hill. I was able to make it to the top of the hill without stopping, although trying to make it to the top during that last .1 (1/10) mile was hard. It felt hard because my legs were "fried" after making it (last 1/2 mile) to to top without stopping. I didn't get sore after the ride. I really believe that if I keep riding on this hill, I'll make it to the top from bottom without stopping and it'll get easier.

I didn't do any work out yesterday. I had a doctor's appointment, but it was at 11:45am. I would have preferred an earlier time because it is easier to work things around a 9am (or 10am) appointment time than one that is mid-day. I just don't like to do a work out before an appointment and I get a little lazy if I have to do a bike ride in the afternoon (my bicycle friends do rides on Thursdays, but their rides are too fast and too far for my legs to handle).

No comments:

Post a Comment