Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Week 41: Day 3 - October 11, 2017

  • easy run (solo) = 5.27 miles; time = 1:09:41; average pace @ 13:13
  • easy walk with dogs = 2.6 miles total
  • cycling (semi-challenging ride) = 13.41 miles; time = 1:14:42; average speed @ 10.8 mph
I finally got the garmin app to work on my phone, so I could transfer data from my garmin watch to garmin connect. It was really frustrating, and so much effort/work to get it to work. I don't always bring my phone with me when I walk my dogs (I don't use strava (phone app) for walking my dogs around the neighborhood), so my watch gets disconnected from my phone and doesn't always reconnect when I get back. I just saved a bunch of money by not buying a new computer and I'll suck it up with a really old computer for the time being. The battery needs to be recharged every so often, but it has to be connected to the computer by a usb cord. The recharge mode works just fine.

I have an account on LogYourRun.com and I have an account there since 2007. A few weeks ago (maybe two months ago?), LogYourRun decided to wipe out all of my runs/rides that I logged into my account. I like using it to figure out average pace/speed and compare runs or rides. All of my runs and rides with recorded times came back. I don't use it to log in where I'm going for my routes when I run or ride, but I have names for many of my routes and races because I like to compare time and average pace. LogYourRun decided to delete all of these route/race names. I've started using a notebook to jot down where I am going for my routes because I don't always remember them, especially when I'm doing long training runs for a half marathon. When I "run out" (excuse the pun!) of ideas on where to run for long runs, I get bored sometimes when I don't mix things up. So now I have to use a notebook (a new/different one) to log my runs and rides with distance, time and pace/speed so I can compare for future reference. I am still going to use LogYourRun to figure out average pace/speed though. The upcoming half marathon that I'm doing in February 2018, I've done this two other times before, but I have to refer to my blog to compare my times, although I sorta remember what my finish times were and I probably won't be as fast as those times....

No comments:

Post a Comment