Friday, October 20, 2017

Week 42: Day 5 - October 20, 2017

  • easy run (solo) = 5.28 miles; time = 1:08:36; average pace @ 13:00
  • easy walk with dogs = 2.7 miles total
  • cycling (easy ride) = 11.06 miles; time = 56:56; average speed @ 11.7 mph
I originally had planned to do two hilly trail runs this morning, but it was a little drizzly right before I headed out for my run. I would have been okay running on trails in light drizzle, but it made me lazy and I didn't feel like getting into a car to these hilly trails. One was at a local junior college and one was off campus, but nearby. It stayed dry during my entire run. My legs actually felt a little achy and sore from yesterday's ride, so I am glad that I did an easier run instead.

The clouds looked dark most of the morning which got me not want to do a bike ride. I originally had planned to do a 20 mile bike ride, but between the dark looking clouds and feeling tired/lazy/unmotivated, I opted for a shorter, easier ride instead.

During my ride, I went past the local junior college where I would have done one of my hilly trail runs. I noticed a special event happening which took place on the trails. That meant that the event was a cross country race. I asked one of the people who was holding a sign directing people where to park. I asked the person about the event who told me that it was today and tomorrow. This is good to know because had I tried to run on campus tomorrow, I would have been turned away and then lose motivation to run elsewhere. I'm so glad that I didn't try to run there this morning. I'm also glad that I got a little lazy with riding and chose a short, easy ride instead. I only have one other route/ride that would have included passing by the school, but all of my other rides didn't and I wouldn't have been able to find any information about the school trails.

I was going to run tomorrow and ride on Sunday, but instead, it'll be the other way around. Ride tomorrow and run on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment