Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Week 42: Day 3 - October 18, 2017

  • easy RUN with one dog = 4.79 miles; time = 1:03:46; average pace @ 13:19
  • easy WALK with three dogs = 2.6 miles total
I woke up this morning to the smell of fire smoke. There was an apparent brush/hill fire seven miles from me during the wee hours of the morning that started at 2:15am (it was not near any homes or businesses, so no one had to evacuate). This wasn't the first time that there was a fire in this same exact area, but the last time was ten years ago. You wouldn't have known since mother nature (lots of rain) took care of it with green grass. I was a little worried that the smell and air quality would affect my breathing during my run, but surprisingly, I was fine. When I headed out for my run, the sky looked as normal as it could be because all the local area fire departments were quick and getting the fire under control. I think it was 100% contained when I woke up to get ready for my run and the smell of smoke was all that was left lingering.

I had also wanted/planned to do a bike ride today, but I waited too long and I lost motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment