Friday, January 13, 2012

Week 2: Day 5 - 2012

cardio:
  • hilly trail run (@ 6:40am) = 1.1 miles, time = 14:10, pace @ 12:53
    • warm up = 1.1 miles
    • cool down = 1.1 miles
I haven't ran on a challenging hill since November. I've figured my endurance wouldn't be as good and I expected to take a rest break during the run. While I was running up the most challenging part of the run (in the beginning), I decided to be determined to finish the run without stopping or slowing down for a walk or rest break. Also, for some reason, I was dreading the run while doing my warm up and I didn't want to do it, but I actually felt better once I got past the most challenging part of the run. My lungs and legs were burning at the beginning of the run. My legs just weren't used to the challenge. My lungs were burning, partially from the heavy breathing and mainly from the bad air quality. I think the air quality was slightly bad compared to yesterday because my nose was runny and it wouldn't do that unless the air quality was bad. I'm not sure if the slightly warm temperature (warmer to me) had anything to do with it, but it was slightly windy and I think the wind blew the bad air quality around, making me more sensitive to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment