Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 30: Day 7

cardio:
  • trail run (@ 7am) = 3.2 miles, time = 35:08, pace @ 10:59
strength training:
  • pilates (@ 9:15am)  = 45 minutes
Total Weekly Mileage: 6.45
Total Monthly/March Mileage: 6.45
Total Shoe Mileage: 120.24

It feels like I'm losing motivation and like it's crashing. I don't feel like running anymore, but I think the weather/temperature has something to do with it. I used to be love 50-something and low 60-something degrees temperature and ran just fine in that kind of temperature. Why am I having a hard time finding the motivation to run in that kind of temperature? I don't understand! I live in Southern California where it's sunny and a nice 60-something degrees weather during the daytime in the winter! It's rare that we get really cold morning temperatures because well, this is Southern California. I used to be a big wimp when morning temperatures got below 50 degrees. Now I love it and want to run when it's uncomfortably and painfully below 45 degrees (in shorts and a technical short sleeve shirt)! Why, why can't I enjoy a comfortable 50-something degrees weather anymore?? Maybe I should fine a running buddy?

After I did my run (ok, not immediately after), I did my own pilates. Not in a class, not with other people. Alone, on my own. I did moves that I remembered and liked from the pilates class I go to every Tuesday morning. I need to start doing pilates more regularly, whether I do it alone or in a class or with other people. I'm not going to improve or get over the burning/painful sensation by doing pilates once a week. If I can improve in pilates, I hope that this can help me become better at running and karate. I cheated a little bit. On the standing exercises, I used a wall to help with balance. My core still got a work out because I had to make sure my back was straight and not leaning to one side. In class, I made frequent "rest stops" when the burning got unbearable and uncomfortable. Frequent stops doesn't help you improve or get over the burning sensation. This morning, I made myself take less frequent rest stops and it burned/hurt more! I need a lot of work if I want to improve and get over the burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment