Saturday, March 5, 2011

Week 30: Day 6

cardio:
  • turbo kickboxing (@ 9am) = 1 hour
  • karate = 2 hours
    • first (beginners) class = 12pm to 1pm
    • second (intermediate/advanced) class = 1pm to 2pm
I went to a turbo kickboxing class for a fitness meetup group this morning. The desciption in the meetup group didn't mention what kind of specific work out we would do, so I thought that we would be doing something else. The person who schedule the fitness class, didn't instruct anything nor was she a certified instructor for anything, so we had to follow an instructor on the DVD (which belonged to the person who scheduled the class). The TV was fairly big, but it wasn't big enough for us to follow the instructor. Now fitness DVDs would be great for one or two people, but it's a little harder for a group of ten people to follow along. I did get sweaty, but I didn't feel challenged enough...I was more confused than challenged. I get a real work out in karate training and we have a lot of rest breaks. I was only able to sweat it out a little because I knew the basics. I suppose if I want a real work out doing Turbo Kickboxing, I would just have to go to the local gym that I frequent since they do offer Turbo Kickboxing on Saturday mornings. But at least it was a good "warm up" for karate training.

No comments:

Post a Comment