Saturday, May 23, 2020

Week 21: Day 6 - 23 May 2020

  • morning run = 7.04 miles; time = 1:48:55; average pace @ 15:28
  • walked dogs = 2.5 miles total
Many trails, if not all, have recently reopened for hikers, trail runners, and mountain bikers. I haven't done any runs on any "real" trails for awhile and when I do get out for a trail run, I like to go to Chino Hills State Park and I usually like to go very early (at sunrise) in the morning. I was really considering scrapping my run and going home immediately after I arrived and parked my car at the main gate (walk-ins sunrise to sunset, gate opens for cars 8am to 5am winter hours, or to 7pm summer hours). There were already two cars parked there (the people were already inside) and two more cars pulled up and parked within one minute after me. While running inside the park, I made a turn off the main road to run on a trail (this trail deadends after 3/4 mile). When I got back to the main road to finish my run, there were so many people running, walking, or mountain bike riding. This was two miles in the park from the main gate. I'm used to having the park to myself and usually see nobody until near the end of my run and 10-15 cars parked in the street by 7am/8am. There was no street parking left when I was done with my run this morning. It may be because it's a holiday weekend and people don't want to stay home. I also feel like this is how the gyms are with the first two weeks of January, being so busy and crowded. I hope trails become quiet and less busy in a few weeks like how gyms become quiet and less busy by the end of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment