Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 29: Day 7

cardio:
  • trail/road run (@ 6:45am) = 3.25 miles; 33:01, pace @ 10:10
  • hiking (@ 9am) = 7 miles roundtrip; 3 1/2 hours total (includes rest breaks)
    • Ben Overturff Trail, Monrovia Canyon Park
Total Weekly Run Mileage: 6.48
Total Monthly Run Mileage: 43.96
Total Shoe/Year Run Mileage: 113.79

Decided that I would go hiking with a hiking meetup group (first hike with any meetup groups or any groups for that matter). Of course, this was after running three miles! Because I'm crazy. If I can run 13 miles, I can certainly walk/hike another seven miles after running three. Normally, I don't notice my quads burning and hurting when I'm running up and down hills, but they were definitely getting a work out during this hike with a difficulty level of moderate. I've done hikes before, but none were moderate level. I figured I would do ok because I can run half marathons and I just recently finished a 10K race (that was also on semi-strenuous). Click here to view some photos I had taken during the hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment