Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Week 26: Day 3

cardio:
  • trail/road run (@ 7am) = 3.65 miles, time = 37:51, pace @ 10:22
  • karate = 2 hours
    • first (beginners) class = 7pm to 8pm
    • second (advanced) class = 8pm to 9pm
strength training:
  • lower body (@ 8:15am)
    • one leg squats = 2 sets x 15 reps x 40lbs (two 20lb dumbells)
    • kneeling rear leg lifts = 2 sets x 20 reps
    • wall sits = 2 sets x 1 min holds
    • hip aBductions (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 180lbs
    • hip aDductions (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 180lbs
    • prone leg curls (weight machine) = 2 sets x 12 reps x 55lbs
    • leg presses (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 345lbs
    • calf extensions (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 140lbs
    • hack squats (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 200lbs
My legs and mind decided to run faster this morning. I didn't feel strained or tensed up...I really felt comfortable and at ease with running, but I don't know if this is just a temporary thing.

We didn't do much in the second class of karate training. Since the guys took out the mats and weren't really do anything on them until the last five minutes of class, I decided to work some yoga poses that I had some trouble with and were related to balancing. Using a large space with two inches of cushion is much easier for me and makes me less scared to try these poses. Now, I wonder where I can get these kinds of mats for cheap so I could practice my yoga?

No comments:

Post a Comment