- road run (@ 7:00AM) = 4.19 miles, time = 43:45, pace @ 10:26
- pilates (@ 9:30AM) = 1 hour
- yoga (@ 8:30PM) = 1.25 hours
We had a fill-in teacher in pilates today. He taught traditional pilates which was quite different than what I was used to. I suppose Pilates Fusion is more modern? I don't know. There were many moves that I had an idea about for pilates, but we hadn't done them in our normal pilates routine. Anyway, our normal routine was usually challenging despite the moves appearing very easy. I didn't feel challenged enough and I didn't work up a sweat this morning with the fill-in teacher. I don't know if it was just that it was traditional pilates, the teacher or his way of teaching.
I tried a different yoga teacher tonight. I heard that he was good and I almost ran away from the class after I saw how many people were in the class..strange, I would run away from his class, but I'm used to it in the yoga class I normally attend. It was also really crowded at 8pm with people doing weight machines and cardio machines. There is so much less people when I go to the gym in the morning, so I was overwhelmed by how crowded it was in the evening, especially at 8pm.
Anyway...while the class wasn't very challenging, I worked up a sweat and was drowning in it. In this class, we worked on proper breathing and proper posture/form more than hitting big postures or working through a bunch of moves. I usually do power yoga which is more about strength and endurance than anything else. How is it that I can work up a pool of sweat in a not so challenging yoga class, but I can't break a sweat at all in a not so challenging pilates class?
No comments:
Post a Comment