Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Week 3: Day 3 - 20 January 2021

  • walked dogs = 2.6 miles total
  • evening indoor ride on rollers = 3.63 miles; time = 15:16; average speed @ 14.3mph
My bike had a flat (back tire) this morning, so I didn't do a ride. I guess I could have just gone for a run instead, but I was making excuses (too windy) not to run. On the other hand, if I did go out for a run, I wouldn't have had the time to change the flat because I wouldn't have been motivated enough to ride in the evening. I inflated my tires and did my ride just fine yesterday. I must have messed up and bent the air valve yesterday somehow? At first, I thought I overinflated my tires even though I had been pretty good at making sure it was exactly at the minimum PSI. I had two extra spare tubes. I put in the first spare and I somehow bent the air valve in that too because the air leaked out of it right away. So I put in the second spare and it seemed okay. I came home from work and the back tire didn't feel like it had enough air (minimum PSI), but I ignored it anyway and thought it would be okay. I only managed to get 3.63 miles for the ride because it got hard to pedal. Basically, it already had a slow leak because I managed to bend the air valve from inflating it in the morning and my weight from sitting on my bike made it leak faster. So I have no extra spare tubes until I pick up spare tubes. I have two choices: go to Incycle tomorrow after work because they close later during the week and pay for a tube or wait until Saturday when Jax is open because their store hours suck (they open from 11am to 5pm daily and close on Sunday and Monday and I'm at work from 9am to 5:30pm during the week). In the meantime, I can't ride my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment