Sunday, January 17, 2021

Week 2: Day 7 - 17 January 2021

  • morning solo ride = 40.62 miles; time = 4:11:18; average speed @ 9.7mph
  • walked dogs = 2.7 miles total
Running: 
Total Weekly Mileage: 18.25
Total Monthly Mileage: 40.97
Total Yearly Mileage: 40.97
Total Shoe Mileage: 57.88

Cycling: 
Total Weekly Mileage: 85.69
Total Monthly Mileage: 261.44
Total Yearly Mileage: 261.44
Total Bike Mileage: 2969.07

I did a ride up Mt Baldy, Glendora Ridge Road (GRR for short), and Glendora Mountain Road (GMR for short). Both GRR and GMR were closed this weekend for "critical fire weather" until Thursday, 20 January (the weather forecast calls for high wind advisory tomorrow and Tuesday). Luckily, the wind was okay today. I did this ride last month (or in November? I can't remember...I have to go back and view my rides to remember). Riding up Mt. Badly Road was harder this time around because I hadn't done any climbs with a 10+% grade since...November. So I think I lost some strength and power. On the other hand, I did much better riding up GRR (last time, I took many rest breaks on GRR) with four rest breaks - three being very short/brief, enough to take pictures and drink water because I made myself take a long rest break during a breakfast/food stop after riding up Mt. Baldy.

No comments:

Post a Comment