Saturday, June 29, 2019

Week 26: Day 6 - 29 June 2019

  • morning group ride = 27.53 miles; time = 2:02:13; average speed @ 13.5 mph
  • walked dogs = 2.2 miles total
I think I may be doing my own rides on Saturday mornings from now on instead of the group ride. Someone from the ride won't stop "pestering" me about how much water I'm drinking (in her mind, I'm not drinking enough) during a bike ride. She doesn't believe me that I drink one gallon of water a day (more on hot days) - this is normal for me and I'm used to it. If she is that type of person who drinks two gallons of water a day, that's great. One gallon is enough for me and many people don't even drink that much on any given day. It's like I should drink two gallons a day because one gallon isn't enough. Like my needs should be the same as her needs. Last year, she did a ride and it was pretty hot that day. There were five or six other people who did the same ride and started at the same time as her. She was the only person who got sick from dehydration. Because apparently, she didn't drink enough water during the few days leading up to that day. So, I don't think I will be doing rides with this person much longer because I don't want to listen to her complain about how much water I'm drinking since she isn't listening to me that I already drink one gallon a day which is plenty. I don't even drink anything for one hour of running. The last two half marathons that I did, I had some water, but not enough for the distance or the weather. The last half marathon that I did, it was 50-ish F degrees at the start and about 65-70-ish F degrees when I crossed the finish line. I was sore, but I didn't feel sick or dizzy. I grabbed everything (water/banana/other snacks/whatever) at the finish line and I always had/have a 1/2 gallon jug of water waiting in my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment