Thursday, November 2, 2017

Week 44: Day 4 - November 02, 2017 (Training Week 1)

  • hilly trail run part 1 = 3.88 miles; time = 48:29; average pace @ 12:30
  • hilly trail run part 2 = 1.1 miles; time = 14:45; average pace @ 13:25
  • easy walk with dogs = 2.6 miles total
  • cycling = 15.33 miles; time = 1:23:34; average speed @ 11 mph
I originally had planned a bike ride yesterday. The only "work out" that I did was walk my dogs. I slept in instead. I can't tell if I really needed the sleep or if I was being lazy and used sleep as an excuse not to work out. I should really be caught up on sleep now!

I almost didn't want to head out for a bike ride today because of laziness. I am glad that I went anyway. The first half of my ride had a challenging hill (with an 11% incline). I was regretting the ride at first, but told myself that I'd feel better when the hill was over and the rest of the ride would be better. I was glad for that too. I'm not sure if I want to continue doing a bike ride with a challenging 11% grade hill on the same days as my hilly trail runs....it was really hard, but at the same time, I think it will make my legs stronger for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment