- easy RUN with one dog = 3.8 miles; time = 48:04; average pace @ 12:39
- easy WALK with three dogs = 2.6 miles total
- cycling = 19.11 miles; time = 1:43:12; average pace @ 11.1 mph
I don't like when someone thinks they know more about my fitness level than I do and act like a know-it-all. According to someone from my cycling group on meetup, I'm out of shape and basically back to square one because I didn't ride my bike for two and a half months and I should do a short, easy ride with the group (9.5 miles, but will take 2.5 hours to complete). Before yesterday, I put in 848 miles on my bike this year and I put in 1,702 miles last year. It had only been two and a half months since I rode my bike. That doesn't automatically make me out of shape. I told the person that I could easily do a 20 mile ride if I wanted to. I got a 19 mile ride in today even though my mind was going back and forth between "Why am I doing this route? I should have picked an easier route." "Just go and do it!" "No, I don't want to!" "I can do it!" "Here is my chance...if I turn now, I can go home now!" My crotch was a little sore from yesterday's ride, but I was fine overall. I am also not sore at all right now after doing a 19 mile ride, although I may regret it and pay for it tomorrow. I don't plan to do a run tomorrow, but I want to do a short ride like eight miles in the morning, but it won't take me more than 45 minutes (time includes stopping for red lights) to complete....not two and a half hours.
A little warning to everyone. Unless I ask, don't offer fitness advice to me. I may become argumentative and I definitely will not listen to you. I'm sure people have given me unsolicited advice about other things in life, however, I don't remember them because I usually ignore people and I generally don't get unsolicited advice about other things that often.
No comments:
Post a Comment