- easy trail RUN with one dog = 4.05 miles; time = 47:38; average pace @ 11:46
- easy WALK with three dogs = 2.6 miles
Running:
Total Weekly Mileage: 11.91
Total Monthly (December) Mileage: 81.81
Total Monthly (January) Mileage: 4.05
Total Yearly (2016) Mileage: 966.99
Total Yearly (2016) Mileage: 966.99
Total Yearly (2017) Mileage: 4.05
Total Shoe Mileage: 27.33
Cycling:
Total Weekly Mileage: 0
Total Monthly (December) Mileage: 60.9
Total Yearly (2016) Mileage:1701.98
Total Yearly (2016) Mileage:1701.98
My original 2016 goal for running was 800 miles. I met that goal plus more! It helped that I had a schedule for running and treated it like it was an appointment:
1. Never miss a Monday (...or Tuesday) - Mondays are generally my non-running days since 2007
2. Run three days a week
3. Never miss more than two days of no running
4. Never give up
I also decided to run four days a week in 2016. I missed a few days of running, so I could have easily gotten 1,000 miles. Because I chose to run four days a week with one day of crosstraining (cycling), I lost 20 lbs. I need to figure out how to eat better so I can lose more weight.
When the time changed in March, I decided to ride/cycle to work once or twice a week. Because you know...it's environmentally friendlier, good for one's health, good crosstraining for runners, and saves gas money. Who knew that 2016 would be the year for flat tires! I have had my bike for three and a half years now, and I had eight flat tires just in 2016 alone. I didn't have a flat tire before 2016. I did change out the tubes (one front and one back) before, but only because they were old and wearing out. All that gas money I saved went towards buying new tubes! I could have used the money for new running shoes, a race, or other fun things. On the bright side, running on challenging hills (mountains in my mind) became so much easier for me because of those times spent riding to work (you can feel EVERY hill, no matter how small or big, on a bike)!
When the time changed in March, I decided to ride/cycle to work once or twice a week. Because you know...it's environmentally friendlier, good for one's health, good crosstraining for runners, and saves gas money. Who knew that 2016 would be the year for flat tires! I have had my bike for three and a half years now, and I had eight flat tires just in 2016 alone. I didn't have a flat tire before 2016. I did change out the tubes (one front and one back) before, but only because they were old and wearing out. All that gas money I saved went towards buying new tubes! I could have used the money for new running shoes, a race, or other fun things. On the bright side, running on challenging hills (mountains in my mind) became so much easier for me because of those times spent riding to work (you can feel EVERY hill, no matter how small or big, on a bike)!
No comments:
Post a Comment