Sunday, January 8, 2017

Week 1: Day 7 - January 08, 2017

  • easy trail/road RUN with one dog = 4.87 miles; time = 57:21; average pace @ 11:47
  • easy WALK with three dogs = 2.6 miles
  • local bike ride = 15.01 miles; time = 1:18:40; average pace @ 11.5 mph
Running:
Total Weekly Mileage: 16.91
Total Monthly Mileage: 20.96
Total Yearly Mileage: 20.96
Total Shoe Mileage: 44.24

Cycling: 
Total Weekly Mileage: 52.45
Total Monthly Mileage: 52.45
Total Yearly Mileage: 52.45

I checked the weather forecast a few days around Wednesday or Thursday. It said that it called for rain on Monday (tomorrow) and Friday next week. I am working in the morning tomorrow and Friday and I have already decided not to ride (bike) to work on these days because of the rain. I checked the weather forecast again yesterday. It has changed and now calls for rain tomorrow and Wednesday...maybe a little bit on Thursday evening with no rain on Friday. Now I wouldn't care to be in the rain when I run, but I had planned to run on certain trails (two short yet hilly runs...one at a local junior college and one on off campus, but close by) Thursday morning. While I will be okay to run on the OFF-campus trail, I have to avoid the one at school because it will be very muddy and I don't like to run in mud. The rain/weather has screwed up my running plans and I have to come up with a back up plan now. I suppose I can run on my other hilly trail run that I normally do when I'm training for a half marathon. I'm running a 10k race next month and the course is hilly, so I have to train on hills. It's also a good thing that I'm making an effort to cycle because I can feel EVERY hill on a bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment