- easy road run (solo) = 3.28 miles; time = 37:49; average pace @ 11:32
- easy walk with dogs = 1.8 miles
I checked the weather forecast last week and I knew that it would rain this morning. I had told myself that I wanted to do two short, yet semi (to super) hilly trail runs on Wednesday (yesterday). But I forgot and didn't do them yesterday because I thought I would do them today. I ended up doing an easier route and avoided being on the muddy trails. I don't like attempting to run in mud. Mud is slippery. I don't want to slip and pull a muscle. I also don't want mud caked onto my shoes, adding extra weight and feeling slower than I already do. I ended up not walking my dogs as much as I wanted to because of the rain/drizzle.
Anyway, I still went for a run this morning. It was a little drizzle-y and misty, but I didn't bring my dog with me on the run. It's not missing a run will affect her general fitness level anyway.
I haven't signed up for any half marathons yet, but I am considering one in October. I will be raising funds for "Train 4 Autism" and I am friends with the organizer of this non-profit. He will have a promo code ready in April or May which will give us a discounted entry fee for the race. The last time that I did the race for that non-profit, I ended up getting a free race entry for using the promo code, so who knows. The race was also $80 for the early bird special in 2013. The entry fee is now $95 when I checked last month (December 2016)....and that's the early bird special. I do not know why the entry fee increase, but $80 is already so expensive!
Anyway....if I choose to do a half marathon in October, I have between now and mid-June to randomly miss a run here and there. I am training for a 10k (to be scheduled on Sunday, February 12) and I don't necessarily need to run four times a week for fun or while training for a 10k.
Anyway, I still went for a run this morning. It was a little drizzle-y and misty, but I didn't bring my dog with me on the run. It's not missing a run will affect her general fitness level anyway.
I haven't signed up for any half marathons yet, but I am considering one in October. I will be raising funds for "Train 4 Autism" and I am friends with the organizer of this non-profit. He will have a promo code ready in April or May which will give us a discounted entry fee for the race. The last time that I did the race for that non-profit, I ended up getting a free race entry for using the promo code, so who knows. The race was also $80 for the early bird special in 2013. The entry fee is now $95 when I checked last month (December 2016)....and that's the early bird special. I do not know why the entry fee increase, but $80 is already so expensive!
Anyway....if I choose to do a half marathon in October, I have between now and mid-June to randomly miss a run here and there. I am training for a 10k (to be scheduled on Sunday, February 12) and I don't necessarily need to run four times a week for fun or while training for a 10k.
No comments:
Post a Comment