- easy trail/road RUN with one dog = 5.28 miles; time = 1:01:12; average pace @ 11:35
- easy WALK with three dogs = 2.6 miles
- easy (local) bike ride = 12.74 miles; time = 1:07:44; average pace @ 11.3 mph
Running:
Total Weekly Mileage: 19.24
Total Monthly Mileage: 40.20
Total Yearly Mileage: 40.20
Total Shoe Mileage: 63.48
Cycling:
Total Weekly Mileage: 12.74
Total Monthly Mileage: 65.19
Total Yearly Mileage: 65.19
About two years ago around this time, I noticed that public restrooms at local parks were closed until around 7:30am or whenever the city parks and recreations department personnel got to them. In the summertime, they would open the restrooms at 6:30am. Park hours were from 6am to 10pm, everyday all 365 days a year. The posted sign for the restrooms were from 8am to 9pm. I complained (two years ago) that the city parks and recreations should open the restrooms at local parks at the same time everyday, whether it was summer or winter. Because sometimes I forget and end up going to a place of business to use the restroom because it is too early for restrooms to be opened at local parks. I am a morning runner and I head out at first light (or as soon as the sun comes up because I don't run in the dark) whether it is 5am in the summer or 6:45am in the winter. During this time of year (in January), it gets a light (not full sunlight, but enough to see) out at 6:45am, so I head out for a run. Recently, I have noticed that public restrooms at local parks (at least the ones I run by most of the time) are open at 6:30am. I was half kidding when I complained about the restrooms opening at varying times throughout the year, but I guess they magically/mysteriously heard me. I guess I can stop complaining about the restrooms not being open when I need to take care of some personal needs during a morning run.
About two years ago around this time, I noticed that public restrooms at local parks were closed until around 7:30am or whenever the city parks and recreations department personnel got to them. In the summertime, they would open the restrooms at 6:30am. Park hours were from 6am to 10pm, everyday all 365 days a year. The posted sign for the restrooms were from 8am to 9pm. I complained (two years ago) that the city parks and recreations should open the restrooms at local parks at the same time everyday, whether it was summer or winter. Because sometimes I forget and end up going to a place of business to use the restroom because it is too early for restrooms to be opened at local parks. I am a morning runner and I head out at first light (or as soon as the sun comes up because I don't run in the dark) whether it is 5am in the summer or 6:45am in the winter. During this time of year (in January), it gets a light (not full sunlight, but enough to see) out at 6:45am, so I head out for a run. Recently, I have noticed that public restrooms at local parks (at least the ones I run by most of the time) are open at 6:30am. I was half kidding when I complained about the restrooms opening at varying times throughout the year, but I guess they magically/mysteriously heard me. I guess I can stop complaining about the restrooms not being open when I need to take care of some personal needs during a morning run.
No comments:
Post a Comment