Monday, January 2, 2017

Week 1: Day 1 - January 02, 2017

  • bike commute to work = 37.44 miles round trip; time = 3:01:48; average pace @ 12.4 mph
  • easy walk with dogs = 2.6 miles
In a way, I forgot that it would be "quiet" with less traffic (almost none) this morning because many people are/were still on "holiday" today. I went to work by bike forgetting this and came to that realization, four miles into my commute when I was wondering to myself why there were no cars out. I didn't bother to turn around to go home, and then go to work by car. I really am not afraid of rush hour traffic and I like it a little busy. Yes, I was a little worried that someone would hit me and run, leaving me in the street to die, and then not knowing when the next motorist will pull over to help me. But you know, I can't live in fear and this was just one time. If I survived, I would feel better for getting a ride in. I also saw the weather forecast yesterday. I knew that there would be a tiny chance that light rain. There was a little bit of mist, but it wasn't bad and I survived that too. I would not have gone out for a ride if it was a little bit more rain than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment