- easy WALK with three dogs = 1.5 miles
- hilly trail RUN with one dog = 1.1 miles; time = 14:09; average pace @ 12:52
- warm up = 1.1 mile
- cool down = 1.1 mile
I didn't run yesterday because I thought that I could sleep in and get some rest in the morning. I am not 100% better and still recovering from a cold, and I thought that trying to rest/sleep would help me feel better. I was disappointed instead. I just laid there with my eyes closed and pretended (I tried) to sleep all morning. I could have used that time to go for a run.
While I am not 100% better, I feel better compared to last weekend. I didn't run this morning because I had to work. I really debated if I was actually going to get out for a run later today and if I did, it would have been around 5pm when it felt cooler. I generally have no motivation to do a run and start one after 8am. I was lucky that I found some! I suppose 62 F degrees at 5pm in January is the same as 62 F degrees at 6am in March or April? I suppose it's a good sign that I'm truly getting better and my cold is almost over when I have no reaction to the smoggy air at 5pm. I generally don't like to start a run after a certain time and especially past mid-morning because the level of smog picks up and my lungs don't like smoggy air...and when I'm recovering from a cold, my eyes, ears, nose, throat, and lungs burn from breathing in all the smoggy air. I did pretty good.
Now I am not going to make running in the afternoon or evening into a habit. The last time that I did a run later in the day was last January....at 12pm noon. I really am a morning runner where I really prefer to run in the morning when I have the most motivation. I really like the idea of starting my day "on the right foot"...because I have more energy when I start my day with a run.
No comments:
Post a Comment