Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 48: Day 1 - November 28, 2016

  • bike commute to work = 36.7 miles round trip; 3:05:31 (?)
  • easy walk with dogs = 2.6 miles
I felt fine going to work by bike...it was really cold, but I was prepared for that by wearing gloves and extra clothing. I struggled getting home. I was tired and a little grumpy (from feeling tired). I thought about catching the bus during part of the commute home, but decided that I should commute the whole way....mainly for my garmin watch. At 1.3 miles away from home, I got a flat tire! Good thing it was on the way home during daylight hours and I was close to home. (Getting a flat tire on the way to work would have been okay, but I would have to be closer to work when there was more daylight where I could actually see what I was doing. I'm sorta afraid that I will get a flat tire in the dark or soft light (not dark, but the sun isn't high enough).) I don't know why I just didn't use the spare tube, but I attempted to put air in the "problem" tube ignoring the fact that it had a hole and attempted to ride home on it. Air kept getting out and I kept getting a flat. I got so frustrated and grumpier that I just gave up and walked home. This is flat tire #8 (or #9?). I was already grumpy from being tired. I got grumpier from getting a flat tire. I felt a little better after walking my dogs. Upon checking my tube, I found a very tiny hole in a really random, weird spot. I have a lining that goes between the tube and tire, and whatever poked a hole in my tube (I didn't see anything from the outside, so I don't know what poked a hole) missed the lining and went into the tube slightly off to the side. I patched it up and I hope it holds up. I guess I'll find out sooner or later, but I hope I don't get a flat tire on the way to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment