- bike commute to work = 37.83 miles total; time = 2:58:52; average pace @ 12.7 mph
- easy walk with dogs = 2.6 miles
I did a 10 mile run yesterday and a 38-ish mile bike ride today. With the time change and the clocks being one hour "slower", the sun is up one hour earlier (the sun sets one hour earlier as well), so I felt motivated. I feel very accomplished. I'm a little sore now, but the soreness is tolerable. Because I did so much cycling/riding this year, I know that I had become a better/stronger runner. Perhaps not faster, but I noticed that my endurance/strength in general has great improvements especially when there are hills involved. I knew that I would feel okay riding to work/home today after doing a 10 mile run yesterday. I think the last time that I did a bike ride on a day after a 10 mile training run (for a different half marathon), I did a 7 mile bike ride. I felt sore and somewhat gave up on cycling as a crosstraining.
Tomorrow is an active rest day (dog walking only), but mainly because I have a doctor's appointment in the morning. I have planned to do an 11 mile run on Sunday. I also planned to go to work on a bike on Monday morning, followed by a "short, easy" run on Tuesday (with Wednesday being an active rest day (dog walking only)). How will I feel after my run on Tuesday morning? I'm a little nervous, but excited to know!
No comments:
Post a Comment