Thursday, April 14, 2016

Week 15: Day 4 - April 14, 2016

  • easy WALK with dogs = 2.5 miles
  • easy bike ride = 8.01 miles, time = 42:01, pace @ 11.4 mph
While I think that gloomy mornings make me feel tired, sleepy and lazy, I'm also starting to think that I'm generally not getting enough sleep. I think I just need to catch up on sleep which is causing me to be tired, sleepy and lazy on gloomy mornings and it's not really the weather that is the problem. I'm doing ok going to sleep at a reasonable time (reasonable to me). The last time I felt like I needed to catch up on sleep, I took a few days off for rest without running...but I'm on a running streak where I have been running for four days per week for 16 weeks without missing a run (I'm not a daily, seven days a week kind of runner...). I have been doing well. My attention span usually lasts about four to six weeks (or eight weeks if I'm training for a half marathon) before boredom kicks in, making me want to take a whole week off for a break from running. I didn't run this morning because I was just tired and sleepy. I was going to do a bike ride tomorrow, but decided to do that today and will do a run tomorrow instead.

As far as doing a bike ride to work this Saturday, I'm not sure yet. I'm still on the fence about it. I may get off work as early as 5pm, but it is possible that I won't get off until 6pm because we have fundraiser event on Saturday, even though it will end at 4pm, but depending on how much cleaning and putting things away we have to do. If I get off at 6pm, I won't get home until after 8pm and it gets dark at 7:40-ish pm. That last half hour of my ride in the dark kinda scares me a bit because during that part of the ride, I may be going through a narrow two-lane street that isn't lit very well at night. I'm afraid of getting hit by someone who can't see me because it is dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment