Thursday, May 10, 2012

Week 19: Day 4 - 2012

cardio:
  • trail/road run (@ 5:50am) = 4.65 miles, time = 51:28, pace @ 11:04
I still have a random soreness in the joint where my right leg meets my hip. While I was running this morning, I started to think that this was my body's way of telling me that it needed a break/rest from running even though I just took a one week break from running near the end of last month. I can't figure out why else for this random soreness. While I woke up and got ready for my run just fine and I slept ok last night, I couldn't get in the spirit of running this morning. I don't know if this mental/emotional block had something to do with the soreness or if I truly "ran" out of motivation. How is it that I need another break from running again so soon? What have I done or what have I not done? I'll probably still do a run tomorrow morning. Running on Sunday morning is up in the air. Partially because of random soreness and possibly lack of motivation, but also because I have to work very late (until 3:30am) on Saturday night, so I'll probably be very tired and mentally out of it to run on Sunday morning (I don't like the idea of running past 8am, now that the weather is getting warm).

No comments:

Post a Comment