Monday, April 11, 2011

Week 35: Day 1

strength training:
  • lower body + lower back + abs
    • stairmasters = 10 minutes
    • one leg squats = 2 sets x 15 reps x 40lbs (two 20lb dumbells)
    • kneeling leg lifts = 2 sets x 15 reps
    • ball pass (hands to feet) = 2 sets x 15 reps
    • wall sits = 2 sets x 1 min holds
    • leg lifts on bosu ball = 2 sets x 15 reps
    • cable twists (cable machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 15lbs
    • calf extensions (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 120lbs
    • hip aBductions (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 150lbs
    • hip aDdcutions (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 150lbs
    • back extensions = 2 sets x 15 reps x 10lb (one weight plate)
    • side bends = 2 sets x 15 reps x 10lbs (one weight plate)
    • leg presses (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 335lbs
    • prone leg curls (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 50lbs
    • leg extensions (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 55lbs
cardio:
  • bike ride to/from gym = 4.2 miles roudntrip
  • karate = 2 hours
    • first (beginner) class = 7pm to 8pm
    • second (intermediate) class = 8pm to 9pm
I need to stop being lazy about the strength training with free weights and weight machines. I stopped before because I got bored/unmotivation. I need to get back into it because I think it's going to help me shape up better as I bike more regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment