- road/trail run (@ 8am) = 2.68 miles, time = 28:45, pace @ 10:44
March Total Mileage: 26.46
April Total Mileage: 2.68
Total Shoe Mileage: 162.44
The first time in awhile, I went out for a run at 8am. I usually preferred running at soon as sunrise, but I was determined to fix my watch this morning so I could time my run. I got a new battery on Friday, but the person at the store who replaced the battery for me, accidentally pressed one of the buttons (the start buttons) which got stuck and didn't work when he was putting the back onto the watch. The battery on my watch recently died...in fact, it died as soon as I finished my last run. The time was faded and barely readable towards the end my run. I was glad that the battery held out long enough for me to finish my run before it completely died. I also think that having my watch with me and timing my runs is a mental/psychological thing...for me, anyways. I enjoy timing my runs no matter how good or bad it is, but without my stopwatch, I get very bored and unmotivated. Although I think I would have survived running without a watch just for one time.
This morning was the first time I went running without music. I was so determined to fix my watch and unsticking the start button that I forgot about my ipod/music until I was about one mile into my run. It would have been nice to run with music, but I didn't die of extreme boredom and lack of motivation like I thought. The last time I ran without music, I was so bored. So I know very well that music and stopwatch are both a very psychological/mental thing for me and I can do without them if I tell myself that it's ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment