Week 9: Day 2
cardio:
- jump rope (@ 7:15am) = 15 minutes; 5 sets of 3 min jumping + 1 min rest between
- elliptical machine (@ 7:35am) = 15 min high intensity + 5 min cooldown
strength training:
lower body + abs/back (@ 8am)
- alternating forward lunges = 2 sets x 15 reps x 30lbs
- superman = 2 sets x 15 reps (1 - 2 sec hold)
- weighted twisted crunches on bosu ball = 2 sets x 15 reps x 15lbs
- alternating reverse lunges = 2 sets x 15 reps x 30lbs
- alternating jack knives/meet in the middles on bosu ball = 2 sets x 20 reps
- wall sits = 2 sets x 1 min hold
- side bends = 2 sets x 15 reps x 15lbs
- calf extensions = 2 sets x 15 reps x 140lbs
- hip aDduction = 2 sets x 15 reps x 160lbs
- hip aBduction = 2 sets x 15 reps x 160lbs
- back extensions = 2 sets x 15 reps x 100lbs
- leg extensions = 2 sets x 15 reps x 65lbs
- leg curls = 2 sets x 15 reps x 75lbs
- leg presses = 2 sets x 15 reps x 335lbs
- hanging leg raises = 2 sets x 20 reps
I used to think that people treated gyms like bars or night clubs and "picked people up". I don't go to bars or night clubs to pick anyone up and I definitely don't do that at the gym...I just want to go to the gym for a work out. Luckily, I haven't encountered anyone like that and luckily I haven't met any meatheads or anyone who were show offs and full of themselves. While I have talk to other gym customers about fitness/sports/nutrition, it was nice to meet some who were humble, seemed knowledgeable and goal-oriented. It's nice to talk with someone and exchange ideas and information. But is it bad when I get annoyed or don't have the patience with a gym customer who isn't (or doesn't seem) knowledgeable or goal-oriented or doesn't seem to know what he/she is doing? I suppose I would be a bad candidate as a personal trainer if I don't have the patience for someone who is less knowledgeable.
No comments:
Post a Comment