Week 12: Day 2
strength training:
- pilates (@ 9:30am) = 1 hour
Today was the first time that I tried pilates ever. The main reason why I hadn't tried it yet until today was because I had a macho ego and thought that pilates was pansy kind of exercise. While most of the people in the class were women, it was actually quite hard! I think it made a difference when the teacher was also a personal trainer when he wasn't teaching/leading a group class. I recently made a new friend with a gym customer recently and he said the "personal trainer" pilates class was hard....and this was coming from someone who was pretty fit already.
I think I'll continue going to this class. I definitely need to work on my core muscles and that could definitely help with a lot of other things that I do (like martial arts!). I also heard that pilates and yoga go hand in hand...so imagine that! That's going to help improve my running and martial arts!
No comments:
Post a Comment