Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Week 10: Day 3

strength training:
upper body (@ 7:45am)
  • chair dips = 2 sets x 15 reps
  • bicep curls on bosu ball (platform side up) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 15lbs (one dumbell in each hand)
  • elevated "regular" push ups = 1 set x 10 reps
  • wrist curls = 2 sets x 15 reps x 15lbs (one dumbell)
  • elevated "wide" push ups = 1 set x 10 reps
  • lateral raises (cable machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 45lbs
  • alternating reverse curls (cable machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 54lbs
  • lat pulldowns (cable machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 95lbs
  • seated rows (cable machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 130lbs
cardio:
  • karate = 2 hours
    • first (beginners) class = 7pm to 8pm
    • second (intermediate) class = 8pm to 9pm
I recently joined a running group on meetup called Brea Snail's Pace Running Club in hopes to run with other people. It was the first running group I found that actually scheduled short morning runs during the week. Lately, my average pace and motivation had been progressively getting worse because I was bored from running alone so much, so this running group was a nice find. The group meets in Brea on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays for morning runs at 6:30am, and I decided to run with the group this morning (meeting location was PK Donuts). I arrived ten minutes early...and I waited until 6:45am to find no one to meet up and run with. While I saw a lot of people going in and out of PK Donuts, I saw no one in athletic/running attire. Unfortunately, this wasn't the first time that someone (another runner/member) from the group showed up for a scheduled run to find no one to meet up. I'm discouraged by this and I'm not sure if I want to continue being a part of the group if one runner is going to show up alone without other runners for a scheduled run. I joined the group to run with others. I don't need to join a group to run alone. I had been running alone for a very long time and I thought that running with others (at least once a week) would help me feel motivated enough to run alone most of the time.

And today is "Get in trouble in karate" day. The lower belts got in trouble and I even got in trouble for something....whoops!

No comments:

Post a Comment